Lyclear Dermal Cream is a treatment for scabies that can also be used to treat pubic lice. It can be used on children aged 2 and up, making it a suitable treatment for all the family. If you’re struggling with scabies, Lyclear Dermal Cream can provide the relief you need.
What is Lyclear?
Lyclear Dermal Cream is used to treat infestations of scabies and crab lice on the body.
Who should not use Lyclear?
You should not use Lyclear if you are allergic to Permethrin or any of the ingredients. Lyclear is not suitable for children under 23 months. Treatment for infants this age and younger need to be discussed with their doctor.
Should Lyclear be used to treat the whole family?
All members of the household, sexual partners within the past month, and any other close personal contacts of the infected individual (even if asymptomatic) should also be treated with Lyclear.
Is Lyclear effective?
Lyclear kills Scabies mites and is effective at ridding the body of scabies in around 90% of cases after the first application.
Can I use Lyclear if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are breastfeeding, pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to become to pregnant we advise that you speak with your doctor before using Lyclear.
Lyclear Dermal Cream is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the event of eye contamination, rinse with water immediately. Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool. Do not take a hot bath immediately before treatment. The cream rubs easily into the skin. You do not need to keep applying more cream until it can be seen on the surface of the skin. If the contents of the tube are swallowed by a child, talk to your doctor immediately. If too much cream is applied, it should be washed off with soap and warm water. If there are any signs of irritation, talk to your doctor.
- Usually a single application clears the infestation. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, talk to your doctor.
Treatment of scabies:
- Adults and children over 2 years old should apply the cream to the skin over the whole body including the palms and soles, but not the head and face. Pay particular attention to the areas between the fingers and toes (including under the finger and toe nails), wrists, arm-pits, external genitals and buttocks.
- Babies and children under 2 years old should be treated as above and also have their necks, faces, ears and scalps treated. Avoid the area around the mouth (as the cream could be licked off) and around the eyes. Children between 2 months and 2 years should only be treated under medical supervision.
- Elderly (over 65 years old) should apply as directed for adults and children over 2 years old but should also include their necks, faces, ears and scalps. Care must be taken to avoid applying the Cream to areas close to the eyes.
The cream should be left on for at least 8 hours then washed off with soap and water not more than 12 hours later.
Re-apply the Cream to hands if they are washed with soap and water within 8 hours of treatment.
Some products for the treatment of head lice are flammable when on the hair, and can ignite and cause serious harm in the presence of an open flame or other source of ignition, such as when lighting cigarettes. The user of these products should keep away from people who are smoking, and open flames or other sources of ignition, including in the morning after an overnight application, until the hair is washed. Do not use if: •The patient is under the age of 2 months. •You are using corticosteroids for treating other skin conditions (e.g. eczema). •You are asthmatic or suffer from eczema as Lyclear dermal cream can worsen the symptoms of these conditions. •For cutaneous use only. •Do not allow the cream to get into the eyes or come into contact with mucous membranes (inside the nose or throat, genital region) or open wounds. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. •Avoid applying around the mouth, especially in children. •Please consult your pharmacist or doctor before using this medicine if you are currently pregnant, likely to get pregnant or breastfeeding. •Please consult your pharmacist or doctor if you are currently taking any other medicines as this may cause an interaction. •If you think you may be allergic to any of the ingredients contained in this medicine, please seek medical advice before taking. •If you have any questions after you have bought this medication, please speak to your pharmacist.
Please read the instructions that come with the treatment to ensure it is used safely and correctly.